|Auto Emergency Road Kit & Basic Maintenance Tools||Auto Car Care Tips|
Whether on the road or at home, you need to be equipped with some basic survival items and tools that can make driving and living with your car easier, safer and more convenient. Here are some suggestions as a starting place, divided into two categories: Emergency Road Kit and Basic Maintenance Tools. You can customize the list according to your needs and your ambitions.
Emergency Road Kit:
- jumper cables
- cellular phone, charger power cord, along with a list of emergency numbers
- flashlight or spotlight with extra set of batteries
- rain suit or poncho
- safety goggles or glasses
- pair of disposable work coveralls
- emergency flares, warning triangle cones
- fire extinguisher
- first ad kit
- hose-patch kit for emergency mending of coolant hoses. These kits are usually available at auto parts and discount stores.
- Pressurized can of tire inflator and sealer for emergency filling of a flat tire.
- Battery-powered air compressor
- Bottles water and snacks, such as crackers or energy bards
- Roll of duct tape
- Wheel chocks
- Basic tool set including an adjustable wrench, pliers, screwdrivers.
- Mechanical or elastic tie-down straps
- Work gloves
Basic Maintenance Tools:
- oil filter wrench
- combination wrehcn
- flare-nut fitting wrenches
- fender cover
- slip-joint, groove-joint, needle-nose, and locking pliers.
- Torque wrench
- Air pressue gauge
- Radiator hydrometer
- Penetrating oil
- Soldering gun solder
- Electrical pliers
- Jack stands
- Hydraulic jack
- Battery charger